Presented by Marinela October 5th at Southside Skatepark
This series leads to the Annual Awards at The Boardr HQ in Tampa
Grind for Life Houston presented by Marinela – Bowl and Street Contest is happening October 5th 2019 at Southside Skatepark.
The GFL Series is a national, all ages and skills series in both street and bowl benefiting the Grind for Life Organization, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that assists cancer patients with travel expenses.
We are proud to host the crew from The Boardr who always run one of the most professional contests of the year. With this event bringing in skateboarders for both Street and Bowl events across many age groups we are sure it will be another great day at Southside Skatepark. This series leads to the Annual Awards at The Boardr HQ in Tampa where top skaters in each category are recognized.
Register NOW for the Houston, Texas GFL stop! Knock the Boardr Waiver to ease your check-in the day of the event.
Grind for Life at Houston presented by Marinela Bowl and Street Contest is going to be one of the best contests of the year. With so many stops all over the United States this event is sure to bring out some of the best skateboarders.
- Street Jams format events: 3 skaters per jam, 3 minutes per jam. Judged on overall impression.
- Bowl Jams format events: 8 skaters per jam, 3 runs at 30 seconds each, skate in order until you fall. Judged on overall impression.
Times are approximate, but we try to be as on schedule as possible at each stop. The number of participants can affect these start times, so arrive early for your division.
- 10am: Street 9 and Under Division: Jams
- 10:30am: Street 10 to 12 Division: Jams
- 11am: Street 13 to 15 Division: Jams
- 11:30am: Street Girls Division: Jams
- 12pm: Awards Break
- 12:15pm: Street 16 to 29 Division: Jams
- 12:45pm: Street 30 and Up Division: Jams
- 1:15pm: Street Sponsored Division: Jams
- 1:45pm: Awards Break
- 2pm: Bowl 9 and Under Division: Jams
- 2:30pm: Bowl 10 to 12 Division: Jams
- 3pm: Bowl Intermediate (13 to 39) Division: Jams
- 3:30pm: Bowl Girls Division: Jams
- 4pm: Bowl Masters (40 to 49) Division: Jams
- 4:30pm: Bowl Grand Masters (50 and Up) Division: Jams
- 5pm: Bowl Sponsored Division: Jams
- 5:30pm: Awards